Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
DESCRIPTION: Blueberries may help protect against age-related macular degeneration, and black currants may help halt the progression of glaucoma.
This is the final installment of my 4-part video series on the latest science on protecting our vision. In [Greens vs. Glaucoma], I listed the best foods to help prevent glaucoma and in [Dietary Prevention of Age-Related Macular Degeneration] I did the same for age-related macular degeneration. Then I addressed the Dietary Treatment of Glaucoma, in which I also mentioned black currants (as well as in Enhanced Athletic Recovery Without Undermining Adaptation).
By using a standing or treadmill desk, we can avoid some of the other adverse health effects of sitting at a computer all day. See my video Standing Up for Your Health. I’m now up to 17 miles a day!
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-treatment-of-glaucoma/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/