Fish and fish oil consumption do not appear to protect against heart disease, arrhythmias, or sudden death, but why would they increase cancer risk?
Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
What? Fish oil doesn’t help with heart disease? I was as surprised as you. See: Is Fish Oil Just Snake Oil? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fish-oil-just-snake-oil/)
In terms of PCB contamination, see Food Sources of PCB Chemical Pollutants (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-sources-of-pcb-chemical-pollutants/) and PCBs in Children’s Fish Oil Supplements (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pcbs-in-childrens-fish-oil-supplements). Our oceans and waterways have become humanity’s sewer; everything eventually flows into the sea. For discussion of all the other industrial contaminants that build up in the aquatic food chain, see:
• Food Sources of Flame Retardant Chemicals (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-sources-of-flame-retardant-chemicals/)
• Food Sources of Perfluorochemicals (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-sources-of-perfluorochemicals/)
• Fish and Diabetes (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-and-diabetes)
• Diabetes and Dioxins (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetes-and-dioxins)
• Pollutants in Salmon and Our Own Fat (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/pollutants-in-salmon-and-our-own-fat)
• Dioxins in U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dioxins-in-us-farm-raised-catfish)
• Dietary Pollutants May Affect Testosterone Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-pollutants-may-affect-testosterone-levels)
• Flame Retardant Pollutants and Child Development (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flame-retardant-pollutants-and-child-development)
• Fish Consumption and Suicide (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-consumption-and-suicide)
• How Long to Detox From Fish Before Pregnancy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-long-to-detox-from-fish-before-pregnancy/)
For ways to decrease the risk of prostate cancer and slow its progression, see:
• Ex Vivo Cancer Proliferation Bioassay (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/developing-an-ex-vivo-cancer-proliferation-bioassay/)
• Prostate Cancer and Organic Milk vs. Almond Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-and-organic-milk-vs-almond-milk/)
• Flaxseed vs. Prostate Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseed-vs-prostate-cancer/)
• Eggs, Choline, and Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-choline-and-cancer/)
• Prostate Cancer Survival: The A/V Ratio (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-survival-the-av-ratio/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/omega-3s-prostate-cancer-and-atrial-fibrillation and he’ll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Survivor via Pixabay.
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate