Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
DESCRIPTION:The risk of glaucoma, the second leading cause of blindness, appears to be dramatically reduced by kale or collard greens consumption, thanks to the phytonutrient pigments lutein and zeaxanthin. Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prevent-glaucoma-and-see-27-miles-farther/ and I’ll try to answer it! I covered two other leading causes of blindness, age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy, in yesterday’s video (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-macular-degeneration-with-diet/). Tomorrow I’ll close this three-part series on preventing vision loss by addressing the world’s leading cause of blindness, cataracts. For more on lutein and zeaxanthin and where to get them in the diet, see my video Egg Industry Blind Spot (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/egg-industry-blind-spot/). And there are also hundreds of other videos on more than a thousand subjects (http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/) —please feel free to explore them.
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/