Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
DESCRIPTION: The cardiovascular benefits of plant-based diets may be severely undermined by vitamin B12 deficiency.
Make sure you see the “prequel” to this video: Arteries of Vegans vs. Runners (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/arteries-of-vegans-vs-runners).
I have dozens of videos on B12 (http://nutritionfacts.org/?s=b12). For a quick cut-to-the-chase see my Q&A What is the best way to get vitamin B12? (http://nutritionfacts.org/questions/what-is-the-best-way-to-get-b12/) and for some context Vegan B12 deficiency: putting it into perspective (http://nutritionfacts.org/2011/08/25/vegan-b12-deficiency-putting-it-into-perspective/). Vitamin B12 supplementation with fortified foods or supplements is critical critical critical on a plant-based diet.
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vitamin-b12-necessary-for-arterial-health/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/