Faith in Action, one of TRPIL’s services, needs caring volunteers to assist senior citizens or individuals with disabilities to remain independent. Some recent requests are:
- Washington-area senior veteran would like help with light housekeeping and yard work.
- Cherry Valley/McDonald-area senior needs friendly visits and someone to read to her. She suffers from macular degeneration and is losing her vision.
- Canonsburg senior would like friendly visitors at least once a week. She is very lonely.
- Canton Township (Washington area) senior needs caregiver relief a few hours per week. She is with her husband 24/7 due to his Alzheimer’s.
- Strabane senior needs help with grocery shopping and laundry.
- McMurray family needs caregiver relief a few hours per week to visit with a grandmother who has early Alzheimer’s.
- Elco visually-impaired man needs help with laundry and house cleaning.
To volunteer, call 724-223-5115 ext. 1203.